Dianne's Summer Picks
These are a few of my favorite summer read. can you tell that we've been participating in da UP Book Tour? We have many talented Michigan writer in our midst.
- 11/22/63 by Stephen King... WOW!
- Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn... kinda makes you wonder what your spouse is really thinking
- One Upon a River by Bonnie Jo Campbell... another WOW! Set in Kalamazoo. Like Jim Harrison, but better.
- Other Electricities by Ander Monson... so you think you know what it's like to grow up in the Keweenaw, eh?
- Origin of Species by Charles Darwin... on my "read this before I die" list.
- Drive Me Out of My Mind by Chad Faries... a memoir with over the top imagination and heart about growing up in Iron River.