The Chemistry of Beer: The Science in the Suds (Paperback)
An Engaging Introduction to Chemistry with a Popular Theme
From the earliest civilizations to our own day, brewing beer has driven science and technology. In ancient times, brewing was the most advanced biotechnical process. In the modern world, the study of alcoholic fermentation was the springboard for the new science of biochemistry. The Chemistry of Beer: The Science in the Suds, 2nd Edition explains the scientific basis of each brewing step as we understand it today.
Readers of this second edition will find:
- Updates and revisions include a new chapter on beer-related products such as hard seltzer, flavored malt beverages, and non-alcoholic beer
- Streamlined language and structure to help clarify the chemistry
- Over 200 illustrations, now in full color throughout
- Complete glossary and index
- Question sets at the end of each chapter to check for understanding
- Online solutions manual on a companion website for professors
The Chemistry of Beer: The Science in the Suds, 2nd Edition is designed to engage students in an introductory chemistry course. Optional material extends the level to make it a useful supplement for a brewing science course. The material and style of presentation will interest brewing professionals, others in the beverage industry, advanced homebrewers, and beer enthusiasts.