How To Change a Law (Paperback)
This Award-winning Book is Your Grassroots Guide to Changing a Law. A Do it Yourself Guide for the Average Person.
Gold Medal Winner, Readers' Favorite Awards, 2017
Finalist, 14th Annual American Book Fest, 2017
Finalist, 11th Annual National Indie Excellence Book Awards, 2017
Runner-Up, San Francisco Book Festival, 2017
This book is a do-it-yourself manual for voters, small business owners, lobbyists, and policy advocates who want to take political action, influence leaders and change laws.
"An excellent contribution to our understanding of politics and the real workings of government."
- Kevin O'Malley, Chairman, Business and Leadership Forum, Commonwealth Club of California
Warning This book is intended to be used in conjunction with our website; after all, you can't do it all alone.The three things you need are:1. Clarify your issue. 2. Build a coalition.3. Appeal to a higher authority.Very few advocacy activities encompass all three areas, but you have to do them with other people.So if you really have an issue and want to change a law, you will realize that it takes more than just reading a book. Please let me know if you have any suggestions to improve the process and make it simpler.The book, the website, the worksheets, and the debate writer's guide are an integral part of the entire process. Once you understand the power of advocacy lobbying, you will be able to improve your community, influence leaders, and impact the world.
DIY. This book is a do-it-yourself manual for voters, small business owners, lobbyists, and policy advocates who want to take political action, influence leaders, and change laws.
This book is for you if you ever...
- Wanted to change a law.
- Thought a law was unfair or unjust.
- Felt confused by bureaucracy.
Thibault provides a better understanding of policy change and political persuasion (also known as lobbying). Once you understand the power of lobbying, you will be able to improve your community, influence leaders, and impact the world.
How To Change A Law offers insight, actionable tools, and strategies that will lead you to become an active Citizen Legislator who realizes that their participation in public policy matters.
- The 7-step process for successfully making a significant change and taking action in just 60 minutes.
- Common mistakes to avoid.
- Successfully getting past internal and external roadblocks.
- Real life policy success stories where someone saw a problem and wanted to implement a solution to make a change.
- Demystify politics.
- How to vote on issues, not for candidates.
- How to use the Political Persuasion Platform(TM) and the iLobby solution to change laws through crowd-funded lobbying.
We are at a turning point in our politics; everyone needs to get involved, come together around issues, build coalitions, fund their initiatives, and intelligently pursue their agenda.
This book is your roadmap.